We are committed to conducting business in a manner that protects the environment, conserves resources, reduces its environmental footprint and ensures sustainable development.
We seek to continually improve environmental performance by setting, reviewing and updating environmental goals.
Success is achieved through an atmosphere of collaboration, positive management, continual improvement and re-enforcement of best practices.
We are committed to:
- Complying with all applicable legislation, regulation and other requirements to which the Company subscribes.
- Continuously improving our management systems, technologies and processes to identify environmental aspects and to minimize their impacts with respect to air emissions, accidental discharge, waste management and resource consumption.
- Setting measurable objectives and maintaining reliable processes for tracking our environmental performance.
- Maintaining open communications with our employees, the public and our customers.
- Conduct business in a responsible manner by recognizing the rights and values of local Aboriginal groups and stakeholders.
- Promote new technologies aimed at conserving, recycling and renewing the resources utilized.
- Manage and protect its forest resources to ensure sustainable forest management consistent with all applicable regulations.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Chain of Custody process to track and record the flow of sustainable wood fibre from the forest through the various stages of processing to the customer.